Here is how I broke down this project:
- cut the main and accent pieces–DONE
- fold and iron the accent/end pieces in half–DONE
- pin and stitch the accent pieces to the main pieces–DONE
- pin and stitch the long ends together–DONE
- pin and stitch the short sides together–DONE!!!
Honestly, I thought it would take me a lot longer than it did. Alas, having my sewing machine set up 24/7 really helped because it meant I DID NOT need a big chunk of time to work on the pillowcases. I took advantage of my kids’ quiet time and a smidgen of time after the kiddos were in bed.
This pattern is my own, based on just measuring a standard pillow and pillowcase. There are a few unfussy tricks I use to make it super easy to stitch together. I’m going to write a tutorial post soon, so stay tuned.