It’s been a month. Let’s see how things are going, shall we?
1. Open an IRA: Not quite. But, March should prove the month that necessitates this.
2. Bake new recipes: I’ve made Peanut Butter Blondies. And, French Bread (delicious with gumbo–and just may be used for French toast later on.)
3. Pitch my book idea: Still a rough draft and some notes.
4. Decorate the half bathroom: We’ve looked at vanities and I have pieces of a “mood board.”
5. Plant a garden: I got a bunch of seeds and some gardening supplies for my birthday, but that’s as far as I’ve gotten.
6. Make my Mom a mix CD: Nothing!
7. Get a haircut: Done. Check this off the list!
8. Buy fancy boots: Done! Check this one off the list, too! But, I don’t have a picture just yet.
9. Take a yoga class: Nothing yet.
10. Do the Little Miami Triathlon: So, I’m going to do this in June. I’ve been thinking a lot about training, but haven’t actually started.
11. Step into the world of smartphones: This won’t happen for a few more months.
12. Host a brunch: Still nothing.
13. Bake all of my bread: This continues to happen! Just this past weekend, I baked a loaf of wheat, cinnamon raisin and French (see above).
14. Hike Part of the Appalachian Trail: Zilch.
15. Learn to hambone: Can I change this to the washboard? Anyone have some thimbles I can borrow?
16. Go to Chicago: Only a month into it and I already sense this one isn’t going to happen.
17. Have a monthly date night: So far, so good!
18. Become a 2-pet household: I’m determined: it’ll either be a chicken or a cat.
19. Pay it forward: Still thinking about it.
20. Blog more: I hope this counts.
21. Just be: I used to be an early bird on the weekends. But now? I looooove sleeping in, leisurely eating breakfast, drinking coffee and strolling out of the house just shy of noon to run my errands.
22. Practice patience: Trying really, really hard at this one.
23. Give people genuine and compassionate feedback: Don’t know if I’ve seen the opportunity to do this one.
24. Can some goods: Stay tuned.
25. Purchase a secondhand outfit: Nothing, but I’ve been looking a little.
26. Peep at some leaves on the East Coast: I still have hope for this one.
27. Join–or start my own–book club: Nothing.
28. Learn the names of trees: Nothing, but with spring around the corner, I should be itching to do this one soon.
29. Unplug for a week: Maybe I’ll do this one after I get the smartphone…it’ll mean more then.
30. Learn to swim: No plans as of yet.
Looks like I still have a lot to do!